Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ovary Hurts When I Pee

ergo

early February I did an experiment: let's see if I can stay a month without buying anything. I excluded from the list of prohibited purchases: food, movies (no popcorn either m & ms though), the restaurant once a week, the subscription of the media and medical expenses.
worked,
and it worked so well that yesterday, March 7, I decided to see if I can hold out for the second month in a row.

to stay on Saturday, I accidentally found in the library I do not buy of Judith Levine, and his reading was more interesting than I thought. Judith, a journalist, he tried not to buy anything for a year. Company aside, the book is enjoyable to read and full of references to economists who are not convinced - indeed - to advance a country that we should necessarily buy.
"there is a kind of consumerism that Douglas B. Holt, a professor of advertising at the University of Illinois, defines postmodernism. Postmodern market 'the good life does not depend on the possession of objects which give a status. It depends rather by an infinite and self-produced project. the idea is to move continuously through the experiences, things and meanings, to play with different identities by consuming goods and services associated with those identities. "
in Italy while being convinced that possess certain objects (blackberry, iphone, IPAD, ultra-thin TV, and maybe a nice suv) is still seen as a crucial step to establish its status, I think of my ex head, are you talking about how important it was transforming itself into a brand. Slowly, inexorably, we are making ourselves the goods. the objects that surround us will ever part with the options that improve performance (and image) of the product 'I'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment