Monday, January 31, 2011

Kingvale Snow And Tubing

ergo sum

Saturday I had to set foot in a big shopping center because I was looking for two of the 2032 Energizer batteries banal , sold out everywhere (if you find them, buy them and speditemele). The mall was full of people who tragically were not there just to buy, but mainly to kill time.

how do I know? the manner in which dragged his feet: shaun of the dead docet.

I stood for the right note with great regret and a bit of surprise that the mall (such as Leroy Merlin, Castorama and Darty) had run out of 2032: the world is running out and there is a space ship that will save us all that goes to battery 2032. and nobody told me anything?

but the 2032 is something neither the mall are the point of this rambling post written in 15 minutes, before going to work seriously. the point is halfway between the batteries 2032 and the mall, or when I realized - as the windows shouting balances - I did not need to buy anything.

except the damned 2032, of course.

do not know as I do not know why (given that I work for a fashion magazine) and I do not know when my body was removed from his basic instincts to buy wild, and when I find myself in a mall in a downtown street in Milan in a shop, it's almost uncomfortable, annoyed by the idea of \u200b\u200bthings to test, compare prices, cosmetic results to be evaluated.

so I bet with myself that tomorrow for a month and I'll try not to buy anything. excluding food, fucking batteries 2032 - if I find them, subscription media and non-material goods (see under cinema tickets where no, not buy popcorn or M & Ms).

reflection, to be honest, not born Saturday at the mall. but when I started, with the start of the new year, a book in the library books and DVDs as if there was no tomorrow (as if the world ended tomorrow, in fact, and the only way to escape was to read books without spending a penny and no stealing).

now, it is true, in Milan we Sormani, but the library of my country is far more modest than that. has around a dozen books and shelves are in disarray and, frankly, the catalog is very bad and not updated. but my library, as I bet most of those Italian, has some valuable strengths that might be worth remembering, in case you're convinced that you can only buy the books:

  1. Italian libraries are free: free registration, free loan of books, free consultation of books that you can take home, many now also possible to rent DVDs and CDs (from There we all heimat for example.avi yes, maura, this interlude was for you);
  2. Italian libraries are consortium members, which means that many are grouped under one 'roof' that allows them, among other things , to share their catalogs. ours is available online here and virtually multiplied exponentially in the choice of titles that had departed from my meager library of the country;
  3. libraries have old books. la Feltrinelli not. nor Mondadori. and even the fnac.
  4. is true, the FNAC has verdena and all the latest in the west wing at your credit card, but libraries are so naive as to allow its users to require the purchase of a product that is not in catalog. and if my library has in catalog 100 brush strokes melissa p do not see why it should not even buy Encounters at the End of the World by Werner Herzog. or The West Wing. verdena suspend the proceedings, are not impartial when it comes to Italian music.
libraries are one of the most valuable assets and most ignored of Italy (many of you attend them and those who spend over € to € feltrinelli?). Why? because the Italian people is becoming more consumerist and individualistic than Americans. while there, led by Obama and poverty rampant, rediscover sharing ( cohousing, to make a name at random) we want to have: people, objects, spaces, laws, entire governments. feelings.

want the world to be our property. exclusive.

economic environment is very clear on this point: in a system (the earth) with finite resources and space is not possible to increase the production of smartphones until we come out of your ears, because our ears are the only places left where to put the damned smartphone. economic environment, libraries and even those poor communists have understood for some time. the problem is that no one studies the economics of the environment, no longer believes in communism and, above all, no longer uses the libraries.

all at the mall instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment